Our clients can use any service they want for email, but we highly recommend Google Apps (Gmail). Google Apps is $5/mo or $50/yr (discount if paid annually) per user and comes with a 30-day free trial.
Google Apps is one of the easiest ways for small businesses to get email services using their own domain name. We’ve used Google Apps for years and couldn’t be happier. See what Google Apps can do for your business here.
Google Apps Services
- Email (Gmail) with 25 GB of storage. You can even use it with other programs like Microsoft Outlook.
- Custom email addresses (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Calendar (scheduling to stay organized)
- Sites (team workspaces that are easy to use and easy to share)
- Docs (create and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets and presentations)
- Drive (upload and access your files anywhere)
- Chat (instant messenger chat service is built into your email application for instant, easy communication with your team)
- Contact Manager (use Gmail to manage your business and customer contacts)
- Apps Marketplace (access thousands of free and paid apps to expand the capabilities of your Google Apps account or use them to integrate with other products you already use)
- Incredible reliability with Google’s 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- 24/7 customer support.
- And more…
Because Google Apps is ‘cloud-based’ you don’t have to worry about backing them up, losing them, or physically managing them. You have fast, easy access anywhere including on tablets or smartphones. Google Apps even works with Microsoft Outlook, Exchange, Lotus and most other email applications.
Google Apps is secure, but if you need extra, high-end security for sensitive information you can upgrade to Google Apps for Business with Vault.
Many website companies bundle email services with hosting plans, but we believe this is a disservice to customers. As your business grows you’ll eventually switch website companies and it’s a hassle if your email is still setup with your previous company.
It’s also a bad idea to host email and your website on the same server. When one goes down, so does the other. Take a step forward and secure your business by hosting email and your company website in different places.
Dedicated email services are better in the long run because they scale with your business and have higher success with delivery and avoiding spam filters. What if your customers don’t receive an invoice or renewal notice? You’ll lose customers and lose revenue. That’s what you risk using non-dedicated email services.
Modernize Your Business
One of our primary goals is to help our customers lower costs and modernize their business. We highly recommend Google Apps as a simple, affordable way to move your business forward.
Best of all, since Google Apps is a standalone service, if you ever decide to work with another website company your email accounts will still work.
Educators & Nonprofits
Interested? Learn more on the Google Apps website.